Saturday, September 1, 2007

Pit Bulls are BSL

I strongly disagree with breed specific legislations. Many just plain and simple ban the specific breed(s), but some do add grandfather clauses to the legislation, saying that if a pet parent has owned the breed in question for a certain time frame before the law has been passed, they CAN keep the dog... Usually these clauses include many restrictions towards keeping the dog(s) such as muzzles in public and outdoor kennels.

BSL and Pit Bull Terriers

2 comments:

Brad said...

I don't agree with breed specific legislation either. We should have stiffer penalties for cruelty and all activities relating to fighting dogs. It isn't the breed. It is the owner and how they raise them. I have an Akita which is considered by many as a dangerous breed, but I raised him right. If anyone tried banning Akitas in my area, they would have to pry him from my cold dead hands!

Whitney said...

You're right, Akitas are, in some areas, on the BSL laws. As are shepherd, dobermans, rottweilers, huskies, and chow chows. I would move before someone took my pit bull!

Google