Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Severe Dog Attacks and Pit Bull- Type Dogs


As a lover and advocate for American Pit Bull Terriers, I want to make sure that when I talk to other people, I provide true statistics and an unbiased veiw, even if in my heart I know they really are good dogs.

I won't deny that they attack people. I won't deny that they may be dog aggressive. I won't deny they were bred for the kill of another dog.

But, I also won't deny that they can be loving family pets, that can live happily and safely in a home with other pets and even children.

What I will fight and argue is that these dogs are made out to be worse than they truly are. The media protrays these dogs as inherently vicious and aggressive. They portray pit bull as nasty dogs with the want to kill your child. It doesn't work that way.

First off the pit bull that the media is portraying includes APBT, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, and other bully breed dogs. As a whole, these dogs have been known 'nanny dogs' in the past. They've been military dogs, pet therapy dogs, and more. They've been loving family pets.

Before you fall into the media's perception of the pit bull type dog, make sure to read the following hub, which is the first hub that I've published for the month of April on HubPages.

Severe Dog Attacks and Pit Bull- Type Dogs

No comments:

Google