Thursday, June 9, 2011

Friends to the Forlorn Pitbull Rescue

A co-worker gave me a slip of paper the other day to vote for a local animal shelter, so that they can win 300,000. I voted, but after choosing my local shelter, I noticed that there is a Pit Bull rescue in Georgia... I've been voting for them the past few days.

But, anyway, as a fan and advocate for the Pit Bull, I am shocked that I have not heard of this rescue.

When I checked out the site, I was amazed. There are plenty of Pit Bulls and mixes that need homes. I have had the room and money, I would open my heart to one more, that's for sure.

I will be contacting this Pit Bull rescue when I am ready to bring in another Pitty. If you are in the area, and are looking for a bully breed, definitely check out what the rescue has available and who needs a loving home.

If you can't adopt a dog, you can always donate, as any animal rescue needs money for food, supplies, vaccinations, spay/neuter surgeries, routine check-ups, and other necessities.

Everyone can make a difference when sponsoring a dog in need, so if you're a lover of the Pitbull breed, you may want to check out the rescue to see what you can do to help.

Remember that it is better to adopt than to purchase a puppy from a random ad in the local newspaper. When going through an adoption agency, you know that the puppies and dogs have gone through health exams and even behavior tests to ensure what would be the best type of home for the dog. When going through a rescue organization to find the APBT for you, you'll be assisted by loving volunteers and employees who can best match you and your lifestyle with your new dog.

Pit Bulls can be great dogs, and you'll find that there is truly a home for every Pit Bull. Sometimes it just takes time to find the right home for each dog. Do not get discouraged when looking at adoption agencies for a pitbull and do not rush the decision.


***

If you want to check out the available Pit Bulls that the shelter has available, go to their website Friends to the Forlorn Pitbull Rescue.

No comments:

Google